Sunday, January 1, 2012

My first bee block

Let me just say that I had a ton of fun today working on my first bee block ever.  Jamie from Busy Bee Quilts is the January member and she asked for a wonky house, tree, or log cabin block.  She is making a Wonky Town quilt for her daughter.  I was so excited to get the assignment, I had to start right away.  


I used some Funky Monkey from Moda and some Happier from Riley Blake.  I love how it turned out, although I'm not sure if it turned out as "wonky" as Jamie might like???



Here is a close up of the monkey at the door looking for his bananas!!!



Here is the butterfly fluttering above the roof.

All in all I am happy with how it turned out.  I have never made any kind of block like this.  I just hope Jamie likes it as much as I do.  It will go out in the mail on Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment