Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I promise I am still alive!!!

We are currently in the process of buying our first house.  It is soooo stressful, but so worth it!  If all goes well, we close on May 22nd and move the following weekend.

I have been a little busy with my crafting, although not as much as I would like.  Here are a few projects that I have been working on:

My Granny Squares Top is finished.  I love the scrappy Fandango border.  I am still trying to decide how I want to quilt this thing!!!  It will have to wait until after the move.

April Beejeebers Block for Melissa.  She is making a Big Truck quilt for her dad.  I asked her to tell me something about her dad so that I could add a personal touch to the block.  She told me that when they were smaller, her dad drove a truck in Canada.  I have never made a maple leaf block (much less one this small) but I think that it turned out okay .

The first of the Garden Fences quilt blocks that I have made for my niece Hadley.  I am using Riley Blake's Indian Summer and it is take your breathe away beautiful!  You can find the tutorial for this block here!

This is the stack that will become my little sister's birthday quilt.  Terra was the recipient of my very first quilt, a rag quilt that I made about three years ago.  I told her that I was going to make her a real bound quilt for her birthday (which was in March, BTW)!  My plan is to make her a plus quilt using this tutorial.  I think it will complement twenty fat quarters I picked out for her quilt.  They are my fav.  Love the bunting print!

That is all of the pictures I have for now.  My goal this week is to finish the truck block.  I only need to tack down the wheels and add a step at the door.  Melissa is going to kill me... the block has looked like this for about three weeks now.  My other to-do for the week is to start and finish Karen's block for the Beejeebers Bee.  She is making a quilt using the block orange window.  I think that this one will be straight forward and easy (if I could ever get started).  

That is all I have for now, like that isn't enough ;)  I will try to post at the end of the week to give an update on the bee blocks I have to finish and then the Janome is getting packed away until we move :(

If you made it this far, you must be bored awesome!!!  I also noticed the other day that I now have 15 followers!!!  I am going to have a giveaway to celebrate so come back this weekend.  In the meantime, tell me which type of goodies you like to receive:  fabric yardage, precuts, or notions.  Have a great week!

Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment